It Takes One Click to Make Thrive Your New School
Information Meetings and Tours
Thrive holds informational meetings and provides tours for potential applicants January through April. We use this time to familiarize families with the mission/vision of the school and also provide information (e.g. the enrollment application) to the parents and students. Please click here to attend an event at our school.
Apply for a Space this Coming School Year
Applying for a space at Thrive is easy. Just click here to apply online. After you complete your application you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Please read below about Application Procedures.
Enrollment Period and Application Procedures
Thrive has an open enrollment period during which we take applications for potential students. Our enrollment window is generally from October to April. If the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building, we will hold a random drawing lottery to admit students. After the lottery (or after the enrollment window closes) we will contact you to complete our Enrollment Packet.
2017-18 Application Window: October 4, 2016 to 5:00 pm April 28, 2017
2017-18 Lottery: May 5, 2017
Click Here to view the complete application procedure from our charter.
Sometimes a handful of spaces become available during the year. To find out if there are spaces available at the level you are looking for, please e-mail us email@example.com or call our office (619) 839.9543. Midyear spaces are filled on a first come first served basis.
Enrollment Forms and Required Paperwork
Once you have been notified that your child was accepted to Thrive, the following forms must be completed and turned to the school office along with additional required documentation to confirm your enrollment.
Documents to Bring with you:
- Student Age Verification - Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- Parent Identification
- Immunization Record - Yellow Immunization Record or current print out from your healthcare provider
- Proof of Residency - Two (2) of these documents that show current proof of residency:
- Utility bills from agencies that require "physical" presence or hardware at address, such as SDG&E, a telephone land line, water, cable, satellite TV.
- Both automobile registration & auto insurance (count as one proof)
- Homeowner's or renters insurance policy
- Property tax statement, grant deed, title of property or escrow closing documentation
- Lease agreement with the property owner's contact information and physical address
- Official letter from a social service or government agency, such as IRS, EDD, San Diego County, etc.
- Your Student's Last Report Card or Transcript
- English Learner Documents (if applicable) - Copy of most recent CELDT scores.
- Special Education Documents (if applicable):
- Most Current IEP
- Most Current 504 Plan
- Pysch. Ed Evaluation
Forms and Documents to Fill Out:
- Students entering TK, K, or new to California:
Important Information on Immunizations for School Entry:
The following documents provide additional information for parents regarding the required immunizations for all students:
- Parents Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Letter to Parents and Guardians about Vaccine Exemptions
- Notification of Tdap Booster Requirement for Incoming 7th Graders
Have a Question About Enrollment?
Please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office (619) 839.9543