Thrive has been the focus of several Getting Smart publications:
- 75 Top School and Charter Networks
- Smart List: 85 Elementary & Middle Schools Worth Visiting
- Embedding SEL Across the Curriculum
- Professional Learning: The Power of School Visits
- San Diego: A Leader in Learning
- Carmina Osuna, Director, and Michael Tong, teacher, were selected as finalists for TFA San Diego's first annual #InnovationEd Awards. Celebration on March 9, 2017.
- Thrive was one of sixty schools nationally to be awarded a grant from the Walton Family Foundation, January 2017.
- Thrive's service of students with learning differences covered by KPBS (read, watch). January 16, 2017.
- Mr. Tong and Ms. Flesock were recognized as outstanding educators in the county by San Diego Family Magazine, December, 2016.
- Dr. Assisi recognized in the 4th Annual Salute to Women Leaders hosted by Assemblymember Shirley Weber, March 21, 2016
- Thrive a Recipient of a State Senate Resolution, February 4, 2016
- Dr. Assisi named in "San Diego's 40 Under 40." September 16, 2016
- Dr. Assisi recognized by San Diego Business Journal as a "dynamic women business leader and role model who has contributed significantly to San Diego." Ceremony to be held on November 9, 2016
Recent Articles by Thrive Staff
- Supporting Student Agency through Student Led Conferences, Dr. Nicole Assisi and Sherre Vernon, July 24, 2016.
- Project Based Learning: Necessary but Insufficient, Dr. Nicole Assisi, Sherre Vernon and Jaclyn Vasco, Sept 12, 2016
Recent Coverage About Thrive
- Personalized Learning Plans and Learner Profiles, a report by NGLC that discusses Thrive's use of PLP's, January 2016
- Nicole Assisi's Seven Tips for Diversifying Your Organization, Chris Sturges at Competency Works, September 7, 2016