Thrive has been the focus of several Getting Smart publications:
- 50 Organizations, Schools, Networks and Resources Improving SEL
- 75 Top School and Charter Networks
- Smart List: 85 Elementary & Middle Schools Worth Visiting
- Embedding SEL Across the Curriculum
- Professional Learning: The Power of School Visits
- San Diego: A Leader in Learning
- Dr. Assisi was selected as a finalist for "Most Admired CEO" by San Diego Business Journal, June 2017.
- Thrive was declared one of the top 25 education companies in San Diego by San Diego Real Estate Hunters, June 2017.
- Mr. Batisti was nominated as a Top Tech Execs in San Diego, May 11, 2017.
- Ms. Bolding was selected as "Teacher of the Month" by Big Box Storage, May 2017.
- Mr. Jacobson was named a "Classroom Hero" by San Diego County Credit Union, April 2017.
- Carmina Osuna, Director, and Michael Tong, teacher, were selected as finalists for TFA San Diego's first annual #InnovationEd Awards, March 9, 2017.
- Thrive was one of sixty schools nationally to be awarded a grant from the Walton Family Foundation, January 2017.
- Mr. Tong and Ms. Flesock were recognized as outstanding educators in the county by San Diego Family Magazine, December, 2016.
- Dr. Assisi recognized in the 4th Annual Salute to Women Leaders hosted by Assemblymember Shirley Weber, March 21, 2016.
- Thrive a Recipient of a State Senate Resolution, February 4, 2016.
- Dr. Assisi named in "San Diego's 40 Under 40." September 16, 2016.
- Dr. Assisi recognized by San Diego Business Journal as a "dynamic women business leader and role model who has contributed significantly to San Diego," November 9, 2016.
Recent Coverage About Thrive
- Dr. Assisi was featured in the New Schools Venture Fund report released on October 30, 2017, "Creating an Intentionally Diverse School: Lessons Learned"
- Dr. Assisi appeared as a guest on BISTalk radio October 5, 2017. See our Facebook page for video.
- Thrive's approach to personalized learning was highlighted in a Voice of San Diego article, "The Six Ideas Taking Hold in Innovative San Diego Schools," October 3, 2017.
- Dr. Assisi appeared as a guest on the U-T "Community Spotlight" radio show September 22, 2017.
- Dr. Assisi shared her expertise in personalized learning in this webinar hosted by the Teachers' Guild and The Learning Accelerator on September 19, 2017
- The groundbreaking and impact of our Linda Vista campus and partnership with Bayside Community Center was highlighted by 7 San Diego, the University of San Diego, and the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Dr. Assisi appeared as a guest on The Mike Slater Show on KFMB, July 31, 2017
- Thrive's socio-emotional work was featured in an EdWeek article, Measuring What Matters, May 31, 2017
- KPBS featured Thrive for our innovation in teacher credentialing, May 23, 2017
- Thrive's service of students with learning differences covered by KPBS (read, watch), January 16, 2017
- Personalized Learning Plans and Learner Profiles, a report by NGLC that discusses Thrive's use of PLP's, January 2016
- Nicole Assisi's Seven Tips for Diversifying Your Organization, Chris Sturges at Competency Works, September 7, 2016
Recent Articles by Thrive Staff
- Why Charter Schools Don't Need More Regulations, Dr. Nicole Assisi, November 1, 2017.
- Little Kids, Big Ideas: Inspiring Project-Based Learning, Dr. Nicole Assisi and Jamie Little, Sept. 7, 2017.
- Crafting a Community of Belonging in a Culture of Digital Connection, Dr. Nicole Assisi, July 12, 2017.
- Diverse By Design, Dr. Nicole Assisi, Winter 2017.
- Supporting Student Agency through Student Led Conferences, Dr. Nicole Assisi and Sherre Vernon, July 24, 2016.
- Project Based Learning: Necessary but Insufficient, Dr. Nicole Assisi, Sherre Vernon and Jaclyn Vasco, Sept. 12, 2016.