Learn more about our awards and recognition:
- Thrive Public Schools Named top 100 in US, an interview on KUSI, November 27, 2014
- Thrive Revive, Playspace Makeover from FoxSports San Diego and Kaiser Permanente, September 23, 2014 (pre-makeover footage) and (post-makeover footage) January 10, 2015
- Thrive is recognized as a NGLC Breakthrough School with best practices in Distributive Leadership, an article by Stefanie Blouin for NGLC, April 2nd, 2015
- Thrive on CBS Morning News, AM760, April 21, 2015
- Thrive’s Next Gen Learning Symposium, an article by Stefanie Blouin for NGLC, August 26, 2015
- A Guide to Surviving – and Thriving – at Project Based Learning, an article by Mary Jo Madda, for edSurge, September 8, 2015
- Thrive Named in Getting Smart’s “Top 65” list, Novermber 9, 2015
- Dr. Assisi recognized in the 4th Annual Salute to Women Leaders hosted by Assemblymember Shirley Weber, March 21, 2016
- Thrive a Recipient of a State Senate Resolution, February 4, 2016
Read more about our instructional and leadership practices:
- Thrive Receives Next Gen Learning Grant, an overview of Thrive’s Instructional and Organizational Models.
- The Importance of Social Emotional Learning in K-12 Education, a blog by Dr. Assisi for NGLC, November 24th, 2014
- 10 Principles to Move Your School Toward Distributive Leadership, an article by Dr. Assisi and Shelly Kurth for Unboxed, Spring 2015
- NGLC Chat, hosted by @NextGenLC & @StefanieBoulin, August 6, 2015
- Why Students Should Train Like Football Teams, a blog by Dr. Assisi for Blend My Learning, September 2, 2015
- Visiting Schools in the NewSchools Catapult Cohort, a blog by Alex Brown Caram for NewSchools Venture Fund, December 17, 2015.
- Personalized Learning Plans and Learner Profiles, a report by NGLC that discusses Thrive's use of PLP's, January 2016
Watch more about our instructional and leadership practices:
- Thrive Overview, a 8-minute webinar by Dr. Assisi and Director Kurth that discusses Thrive’s programs and practices.
- Why We Need Thrive Public Schools, an introduction to TPS, with clips from classrooms and comments from Dr. Assisi, students and parents.
- Thrive: Part of the Charter Movement, a white board animated narration about Thrive’s instructional model, narrated by Dr. Assisi.
- What Does it Take for Kids to Thrive?, a white board animated narration about Thrive’s instructional model, narrated primarily by students.
- Thrive Rocks!, a glimpse inside the dream and the impact that one charter school can make on a community.
- Thrive 101, a Thrive teacher gives an acronym that describes the work of Thrive Public Schools.
- What is Social-Emotional Learning?, a short overview of Thrive’s approach to Social Emotional Learning.
- What is Project Based Learning?, a short overview of Thrive’s approach to Project Based Learning.
- What is Blended Learning?, a short overview of Thrive’s approach to Blended Learning.
- #NGLS15, a short montage of photographs from our 2015 Next Gen Teaching and Learning Symposium.
- Visit our YouTube channel for the most up-to-date videos.
Learn about our journey toward charter authorization:
- 3 Curious Reasons a Charter School Was Shot Down, Mario Koran | January 14, 2014
- How a ‘Sacrificial Lamb’ Charter School Plans to Fight Back, OpEd piece by Dr. Assis for VOSD, February 5, 2014
- District Staff, Once Supportive, Now Trying to Kill Thrive Charter, Mario Koran | February 13, 2014
- Opening a new Charter School: Thrive Public Schools, Video for CCSA, September 5, 2014
- TPS's Material Revision is approved to now include high school, March 2016 (Start at 5:36:50)