New Innovative Educator Event Coming Up!
Next Generation Teaching and Learning Symposium --> NOW SOLD OUT - to be added to waitlist click here
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9am-3pm Sanford Education Center, San Diego, CA
Next Gen Learning is personalized system of education that prepares each child for life, work and citizenship in the 21st century. Next Gen means innovating the use of time, pace, place and path for learning. During the symposium you will explore what Next Gen learning looks like, and how personalized instruction through Next Gen teaching practices makes learning deeper and more meaningful. you will do a mini-deep dive into Project Based Learning and explore Blended Learning by hearing mini-case studies from other educators. During the session you will have time to apply what you have learned about Next Gen Teaching Practices, Project Based Learning and Blended Learning to your own context.
Gain valuable teaching strategies for the 21st century that you can apply to your classroom.
WHEN: August 12, 2015 at 9am - 3pm
WHERE: Sanford Center
11355 N Torrey Pines Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037
Google map and directions
WHO: Educators who want to learn take their craft deeper, learn more about Project Based Learning or Blended and anyone who wants to learn about "Next Gen Teaching"
9:00 Welcome Address
9:15 Next Gen is just like Football
10:15 Blended Perspectives from Teachers
11:30 Lunch Keynote (to be announced soon)
12:30 PBL 101 into the world of Projects
2:30 Closing Remarks
CONTACT: Nicole Assisi · email@example.com
Join the Fun!
Next Generation Teaching and Learning Symposium --> SOLD OUT - for waitlist click here
Other exciting things coming up:
Innovative Educator Certificate Program
We are developing a certificate program for educators passionate about learning Next Gen pedagogy in partnership with National University.
This certificate includes a 4 course sequence:
1. Deeper Learning Through Hands-on Engagement (Tinkering, Project Based Learning & Design Thinking)
2. Personalizing Learning through Blended Learning Strategies
3. Culture and 21st Century Skills through Social Emotional Learning
4. Next Gen. Learning- School Based Practicum
This certificate is offered online for continuing education units (CEUs) and is designed for educators, school leaders and community members looking to develop an understanding of Next Generation (Next Gen) Learning. Next Gen Learning is a personalized system of education that prepares each child for life, work and citizenship in the 21st century. In this course we will explore what Next Gen learning looks like, and how personalized instruction through Next Gen teaching practices makes learning deeper and more meaningful. The four course sequence is designed to provide the student with an orientation to 3 signature practices in Next Gen Learning (BL, PBL, and SEL) as well as provide a variety of teaching strategies for the 21st century included in Next Generation Learning Model Schools.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Understand professional standards, trends, and issues in the Next Gen learning environment
• Demonstrate the use of Next Gen teaching and assessment strategies for PBL, BL and SEL
• Apply evidence based research and best practices in innovative learning environments.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the theories and research that form the foundation of curriculum development and instructional practice for Next Gen Learning
• Design an innovative, personalized learning experience for students that is both data based and in step with Next Gen SEL strategies.
• Demonstrate the ability to personalize instruction and engage students in hands-on, minds-on learning.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the practices used in excellent instruction by effectively accessing and using research based learning theories, assessment strategies, teaching models, technology, and classroom management strategies to educate all learners.
Methods of Assessment and Evaluation
Students are assessed on their comprehension of course materials through class attendance, participation, weekly assignments, and instructor evaluation. Students will receive a grade of Pass/Fail.
Who should enroll?
• Want to improve their practice and prepare for Next Gen teaching and learning
• Are new to teaching and want to experience innovative educational practices
School Leaders who:
• Want to deepen their knowledge of Next Gen Learning and innovative education
• Are interested in implementing blended learning, project based learning or focusing on social emotional learning at their school(s)
Community Members and Thought Leaders who:
• Have a genuine interest in transforming education through innovation, research and next gen thinking.
• Want to understand the differences between traditional and Next Gen schools in order to support innovative efforts.
Each course is taught online for four weeks with the exception of the practicum, which includes 2-4 days scheduled at an NGLC campus.