Reimagining High School
We've reimagined the typical high school, creating a safe, inclusive school culture while working with colleges to maximize what works and eliminate what doesn’t.
It’s hard to believe that such an amazing education is free and open to all students!
Thrive High School is small because relationships are key to unlocking a student’s potential. Your child will get the support and attention they need to succeed. Learn More
At Thrive High School, we know students do best when learning is tailored to their talents. Your child’s instruction will be personalized to meet their unique needs. Learn More
Classes at Thrive High School look different because we know your child learns best in engaging, hands-on lessons focused on building real-world skills. Learn More
Thrive High School’s teachers know a supportive community makes all the difference. Your child will be surrounded by staff and students who really care about them. Learn More
What are students, parents, and teachers saying about Thrive High School?
See For Yourself
You don’t have to take our word for it! A tour is the best way to see for yourself if Thrive High School is right for your child. Just one hour could make all the difference in your child's future. Sign up for a tour here.
Ready to Enroll?
Put your child on the path to college today! Secure their spot in San Diego’s most innovative high school. We can’t wait to see the amazing things we are going to accomplish, together! Start your application here.
Thrive serve a diverse and expanding community. In 2017-18 we have 3 campuses to choose from in Mid-City. Starting in 2018, we will also offer enrollment opportunities in Linda Vista. We love the fabric of our community and think you will too!
Current Campuses for 2017-18 School Year:
54th Street (TK-7)
Juanita Street (TK-6)
Kroc Center (High School)
Options for 2018-19 School Year:
- Linda Vista
- Mid City
* Stay tuned for more information
As an organization, we have been recognized for the following:
- Thrive is a National Model for Next Generation Learning and has been supported and recognized by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for its innovative design;
- Thrive was named one of the Top 100 Schools Nationwide 3 years in a row and featured on both KUSI, NBC and CBS news;
- Thrive received a Fox Sports and Kaiser Permanente Grant to promote healthy minds and bodies;
- As part of our vision to inspire and support fellow educators, Thrive provides free countywide professional development for teachers;
- Thrive was highlighted in several educational journals for our innovative practices including project based learning, blended learning and distributive leadership;
- Thrive is part of the New Schools Catapult, a project aimed at creating more high quality options for low income students. We were 1 of 3 schools statewide (14 nationwide) to have this honor.
- Thrive received a State Senate Resolution honoring our innovative approach to education;
If you are looking for information about our Charter, SELPA, Board Agendas, or other legal documents, click here.