Thrive is looking for Aspiring Educators and Social Activists Ready to Make a Difference in Children's Lives
- Are you passionate about the work of schools from both a classified and certificated position?
- Do you recognize the value of engaging parents and other community members in the school?
- Do you have an interest in and aptitude for innovative pedagogy and social consciousness?
- Have you just completed, or are you near completion of a B.A.?
Join our team -- Become a teacher! We will hire you, train you, and with the help of our university partners you earn your credential.
What Our Program Emphasizes:
- Teaching excellence and best practices in Next Gen Learning.
- Restorative practices, inclusion, and social justice.
- Whole child focus on social emotional development.
- Professional collaboration.
- Skills for working with diverse, urban students, including an awareness of race, language, culture and learning differences.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, design and deliver curriculum based in tested processes, in ways that reflect best practices in cutting-edge pedagogy
- Co-create curriculum with, and model their instruction after, experienced teachers who act as mentors.
- Become educational coaches who work with students on PBL and Blended learning.
- Complete capstone projects that reflects their teaching philosophy and evidence of action.
- Participate in a high quality, affordable TEP program in their home community, which will allow them to meet family obligations while going to school.
- Enter the workforce as a competent, rather than novice, teacher.
Our program is full for the 2017-18 school year. Please check this website for updates on hiring events for the 2018-19 ThriveUP program.
To apply for the 2018-19 school year, send the following to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ThriveUP:
- A Letter of Introduction.
- Your Resume.
- An Introductory Video (A simple smart phone video of you introducing yourself and telling us 3 reasons why you are a good candidate for this program. The video should be no longer than a minute in length).