Admissions » How to Enroll

How to Enroll

Apply for the 2019-20 school year

It Takes One Click to Make Thrive Your New School. Use our application portal to submit your application.  Click Here



Sometimes a handful of spaces become available during the school year. To find out if there are spaces available at the level you are looking for, contact or (619) 839-9543. Midyear spaces are filled on a first come first served basis. 



Please e-mail us or call our office (619) 839-9543




The open enrollment period for the 2019-2020 school year is October 2018 through April 2019. 


Applications to become a student at Thrive are available online or any of our school campuses. Applications can be submitted at any time during open enrollment. If the number of applications exceeds capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building, we hold a lottery drawing to admit students. Details on the enrollment window and the lottery are below.


2019-20 Application window: Oct. 1, 2018 to 11:00 pm April 12, 2019

2019-20 Lottery: April 19, 2019


Once the enrollment window closes, we contact accepted families to complete enrollment. More detailed information about the application and enrollment process is available in our charter. You can also contact or call (619) 839-9543.




Once you have been notified that your child was accepted to Thrive, the following forms must be completed and turned into the school office along with additional required documentation to confirm your enrollment. All forms and documents must be submitted to your child’s school by May 31, 2019.

Documents to Bring with you:


  • Student Age Verification - Original Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Parent Identification
  • Immunization Record - Yellow Immunization Record or current print out from your healthcare provider
  • Proof of Residency - Two (2) of these documents that show current proof of residency:
    • Utility bills from agencies that require "physical" presence or hardware at address, such as SDG&E, a telephone land line, water, cable, satellite TV.
    • Both automobile registration & auto insurance (count as one proof)
    • Homeowner's or renters insurance policy
    • Property tax statement, grant deed, title of property or escrow closing documentation
    • Lease agreement with the property owner's contact information and physical address
    • Official letter from a social service or government agency, such as IRS, EDD, San Diego County, etc.
  • Your Student's Last Report Card or Transcript
  • English Learner Documents (if applicable) - Copy of most recent CELDT scores.
  • Special Education Documents (if applicable):
  • Most Current IEP
  • Most Current 504 Plan
  • Pysch. Ed Evaluation

Forms and Documents to Fill Out:
  • Students entering TK, K, or new to California have additional requirements. Please see below.
  • All other students:

Important Information on Immunizations for School Entry: 

The following documents provide additional information for parents regarding the required immunizations for all students: