In just a few short weeks your child is starting school at Thrive, and we are so excited. Whether this is your first year with us or your fifth, we get butterflies every year and feel honored you chose to be part of our growing community. You are trailblazers, adventurers, and explorers. Choosing a start-up school that is growing and innovating is definitely exciting. It says that you want more for your kids than what you may have seen in other places. We will work hard every day to rise to the occasion. Sometimes we will exceed your expectations, other days we will have room for improvement, but every day we are grateful that you trust us with your kids.
Here are some questions we have heard from you that we want to make sure to answer:
What exciting things can I share with my student about this coming year at school?
- An amazing and diverse group of teachers eager to learn and grow together - A personalized experience filled with core classes, STEM, art, sports, electives, and making community connections via field trips and service opportunities
What materials will my child need?
- Small/medium backpack, refillable water bottle, polo shirt or Thrive T-shirt (available to purchase this Saturday at our Family Summer Social and Back to School Night)
- Teacher wishlists coming soon
What is happening with our facility?
- The entire 54th St. campus is being transformed into Thrive Middle
- An additional outdoor classrooms and space for movement
- The Think TANK - a designated forum for students to collaborate and further personalize their school experience
When can I meet the teachers?
-Teachers are looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday August 4th at the Summer Social
-Students will meet their teachers bright and early on the first day of school and parents can get to know teachers better during our Back to School Night event
Who do I call if I have a question?
- Please feel free to call the office anytime between 8-4 pm to speak with Lorenza Rivero if you have additional questions or concerns- it is always a pleasure to hear from you!
Our teachers are spending the next several weeks planning for your students’ projects, learning, and exploration. We truly cannot wait to welcome you into our classrooms.